Monday, July 27, 2009

Workin' on the weekend wear.

I usually put a decent amount of thought until what I wear when off work. And I put even MORE thought into it when I strike poses for a timed camera in front of my kitchen pantry. But after week one of blogging and snappin' glamour shots, I think I have already learned a thing or two!

LESSON ONE: This pant length is all wrong.



Cankles much?

Yeah, after seeing these shots, I promptly chopped those pant legs off to right below the knee. But I LOVE these shoes.


Shoes: Dillards

(Unflattering) gauchos: Cato
Tank: Target
Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft

Necklace: Estate sale











For my night job (restaurant hostess/runner/other duties as assigned) I am constatly on my feet and get pretty sweaty. So sometimes it's quite a challenge to not look like Miss Frmpenstein and still be able to perform "duties as assigned" in a friendly and efficient manner. Here we have a typical work ensemble.

Top: Me! (check out my etsy shop to purchase!)
Jeans: Gap
Flats: BC Shoes
Earrings: Forever 21






It's been getting up to almost 100 every day. So I have learned to try and make shorts cute. I think I did a pretty good job. You can't really tell but they have tiny white dots all over them. And almost all my t-shirts are cut up, because the regular necks look SO BAD on me! It's like I'm all chest, or boob or something. Anways, I almost always alter my t-shirts in some fashion.

Shirt: Supersuckers show back in '05.

Shorts: Ann Taylor Loft

Sandals: faux Birkenstocks via eBay

Necklace: Box Turtle (I've had it for a week and have worn it like 5 times. Ding ding, new staple!!!)

LESSON TWO: Those who do not gain weight all in their cheeks are quite lucky. Gotta think of a way to learn to hate tacos and beer.

3 comments:

  1. I like this outfit the best. I am always jealous of those who can pull off shorts as cute. Unlike me, where my thunder thighs threaten to take over the planet if not contained within a longer pant. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous in shorts!! I wish it were warm enough for them here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see no cankles, only pretty legs. Nice outfit.

    ReplyDelete