Monday, July 20, 2009

Damn my active conscience

Ok, I just posted my very first blog post, and already I'm realizing what terrible blogger I am.

And by terrible blogger I actually mean liar.

I don't even live in Little Rock, Arkansas. I live in NORTH Little Rock, Arkansas.
I rarely spend more than $20 on an article of clothing.
My BMI is in the "red zone." I workout maybe once a week, and it's only because I feel guilty that my dog hasn't gotten a workout.

But here are some things that ARE true. Really, I promise.

I do love clothes. Just ask ... anyone who knows me really. Even more than clothes I love shoes. And I think that is because when trying and purchasing new shoes, one does not have to confront one's body issues. "Fat feet" are quite a rarity, actually.

Most of my fashion inspiration comes from friends, people I see at the bar, and old photos of people from the 1960s and '70s. Sometimes it comes from photos of celebrities on people.com. Yes, I admit I have a weakness for smut mags.

I make my own t-shirts (buy one here!) and sew my own clothes. 75% of the time, my own creations end up in the "give away" box.

So in summation:
I like clothes
I don't like to pay a lot of money for them
I might just go ahead and embrace my own vanity and post photos exclusively of myself, striking distant glances in ironic-artsy settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment