Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What do you think: faux denim leggings


My first reaction was not only NO, but HELL NO. Faux denim leggings? Are you kidding? Not unless in New Jersey or at some sort of white trash party.

Then I got to thinking about it. My skinny jeans are not usually skinny enough to tuck into boots, at least not comfortably without tons of bunching and awkward pulling. And any top I might wear with skinny jeans is going to be long enough to cover up my butt. So maybe the faux denim idea isn't so bad after all?

I found these on e-bay. Where else? No surprise, they ship from Korea or China or something. They really don't differ much from regular leggings, except that they have the double top-stitching down the side just like real jeans. I think they might be an unexpected yet welcome addition to my fall wardrobe!

4 comments:

  1. Eeek! I saw some of these in Puerto Rico and thought they were the worst things I'd ever seen. They even had pockets screened onto them, as if someone would wear them with a shirt short enough that you could see the pockets! Anyway, if you just need pants to tuck into boots, just go with normal leggings rather than the faux jean version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of ok with the faux jeans version, just not with the red stiletto's, and obvi with long shirts only. Maybe even with a longer shirt that's belted. I don't have the guts to rock them, but would not sneer if you were to take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading Liz's post...HELL NO! I am not just saying this because my thighs+skinny leggins=natural disasters, but...no. It falls into the late teen/early 20s Urban Outfitters, trashy Express cesspool. Some fads should stay dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you can give my blog a quick once over and see how I feel about it. Just FYI mark, www.meetmark.com ) will be offering a pair with ZIPPERS at the ankles soon, and yes, I am totally ordering a pair.

    ReplyDelete