Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Personal style v. body type.

There are lots of clothes/accessories that I would like to wear if they only looked good on me.

Belts are a good example. Nothing classes up an outfit like a cute belted waist. But on my figure, anything encircling my less-than-small waist is a huge no-no. I have read conflicting reports in various women's mags that say a belt can actually accentuate a non-existent waist, however real-life experimentation has proven these theories quite wrong.

My personal style has been significantly shaped by my "thick waist" as my mother so lovingly referred to it all my life. So the current trends of empire waists, baby doll frocks and long flowing tunics is a Godsend. However, the encroaching promise of tucking shirts into high-waisted jeans, cropped tees and svelte-waisted dresses makes my lax abdominals cringe in fear.


My fridge on a midsummer's night last year. Perhaps a contributing factor?




1 comment:

  1. I suffer from thick-waist syndrome as well. Bummer for us :(

    ReplyDelete