Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What do you think: moccasins.

I have been contemplating getting a pair of moccasins for a while. Not sure what the appeal is. But they just seem comfortable. And maybe the "no laces" factor appeals to my lazy side. I feel like they would be pretty versatile too.


These babies are from JCrew via e-bay. I have a day or two to decide. Most likely I won't be bidding on them, mainly because I have no money right now. But I love this color. It's actually one of my favorite colors, seeing as my entire living room and part of my kitchen is painted in "teal tone" (Benjamin Moore.)






Here we have your more traditional moccasin. I dig the beading. And this is the pair I have actually been eyeing for a while. But part of me thinks they are too costumey. And what exactly would I wear them with? My fringed leather vest and deerskin dress?

They come in tan and brown too, but I kind of thought the black was the least costume-ish selection.

Not sure which pair I like better, really. There is something very cute about the beading. And, like, ethnic is so hawt right now.

4 comments:

  1. Don't do it. If you use comfortable as an adjective in describing the fashion item, there is a good chance its borderline unacceptable. fashion is never comfortable. that's why so many people desire to acheive it.

    but you know, its my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say NO to the ones with beading! I totally agree about the costumey look. However, I do think the teal ones are adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No to mocassins in general. They are possibly cute on runway only, but maybe not even there. What about a classic black pointy-toed flat and then you can accessorize with some "ethnic" beaded jewelry instead??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel "teal-lover" WardAugust 5, 2009 at 6:08 PM

    Well good thing I am coming along to tell you that I personally love moccasins and think that the minnetonkas are the best, LOVE them.

    Those turquoise ones ore lovely and I would buy them, personally.
    I don't remember you living room being teal, but that means nothing. It's like totally my fave too!

    ReplyDelete