Thursday, July 23, 2009

Melissa is my new bff

I love a good challenge. And finding a decent selection of Melissa shoes online for a decent price is quite the challenge. Apparently Melissa shoes, from Brazil, are all the rage. They are made of recycled plastic, smell kinda like bubble gum (seriously) come in like 23 zillion styles and colors. But, because they are from Brazil, they ain't so easy for an Arkie like me to just purchase at my every whim. So over the course of the last year, I have found a few places to purchase these dreamy shoes. Ironically, back in May, I spotted them at Box Turtle, freaked out, and immediately bought a pair. Have yet to get a pair online, but I can feel myself closing in on my prey.

Now for eye candy. Seriously, these shoes look and smell like candy. In fact, I am wearing mine right now and, yep, they still smell good.



















Photo number two is what I am considering ordering from Yoox.
But I also check eBay frequently, and have had some luck, though no follow-throughs.
Where else to buy some Melissas:
Melissa Australia (although I still can't figure out if they ship to the U.S. or not, but they have lots of cute styles that none of the other places have!)








5 comments:

  1. OK, but seriously though. I have been wanting a pair of these like WHOA, but what is the blister factor REALLY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the delicate ones, 3 - 4 - and 5. Espesh the little teal ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, the "follow" button is glitching and I can't add myself. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the blister factor is definitely a concern. The basic thongs I have, however, were not a problem. But that might be because of the style of the shoe, not the PVC they are made of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the candy apple red wedges get a big flashy "GO!" light. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete