Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The warm boots saga continues...

Apparently Liz was having trouble leaving a comment about my snow boot/Ugg boot dilemma. So she wrote me an e-mail instead:

Oh Erin, I'm confused. I thought that if you skipped the UGGs you'd be doing it in favor of a stylish alternative. I have to say, those Columbia boots are just as clunky and unattractive as UGGs. Plus, they're no fun for hanging around the house in. What is your end goal? UGGs obviously aren't great for tromping through the snow, but that applies to maybe one day a year of your lift -- so what's with the ugly snow boots?


I admit, I can see where she is coming from.


These:


Or these:


I really won't have to face this decision anytime soon, however. I have
no money to spend on boots right now. And it won't get cold enough to wear them until late November, probably.

Stay tuned for a lovely daily outfit post, as soon as I snap some glamour shots, ya'll!


2 comments:

  1. I think ugly clunky boots can be very ....mmmm, french? add leggings, a droopy tunic-y mini dress, some shaggy something skarf, some dark and dreary colors. My most regreted not-spending-a-buncha-money-on-boots saga included a pair of black leather scrunchy Earth boots tha had ties wrapping up the legs and looked like they belonged to some survivalist on the edge of oblivion movie. I think it's just best to avoid what's been done. Uggs have way been done. And suede doesn't hold up to wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tho I like that button. buttons on uggs... thinking it over, thinking it over...

    ReplyDelete