Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Inspired

I work for a hospice here in Little Rock. We have a partner hospice in Zimbabwe. In February, the founders of said hospice paid us a visit. They were amazing people, and it was fascinating to hear how much their daily lives differed from ours. In May, I have the opportunity to visit Zimbabwe for 2 weeks. The catch is, I need the money to get there.

I have been spending waaaay too much money lately. Clothes and shoes mostly. Stuff for the house. It always seems to help fill some kind of void. Only temporarily, of course. I should learn to fill voids in other ways, like drugs and alcohol, maybe?

So after checking out several blogs, I have decided that I can't buy any more clothes or shoes. I can swap, I can sell on eBay and use the money for new stuff. I can alter and borrow, estate and thrift. That's it. Nothing new. I really want to see how much money I will have saved by May.

I think I can get pretty creative. And I do love the occasional fashion challenge. So let's see where this takes me. Hopefully to Zimbabwe.

(I am patting myself on the back for that closing line.)


No comments:

Post a Comment