Friday, August 21, 2009

Cheating

Ok, remember, I'm not buying any new stuff. Only thrifted stuff. And I can sell stuff on eBay and use the credit for new stuff. That new stuff will most likely come from eBay since that's just easier with paypal and all. Or Etsy. Don't forget Etsy!

Anways, next week I am going to visit my brother in Tallahassee. One thing I love about my brother is that he loves to shop. This has only been the case for the last 10 years or so, because as a child, he would magically come down with the "shopping sickness" everytime my mom and I, with him in tow, would set foot in the mall. Symptoms of the shopping sickness include:


  • Upset stomach
  • Sore throat
  • Increased whineyness
  • Lack of motivation
  • Frequent urination
I digress. Brian, my brother, likes to shop now. He's very classic in his dress, polo shirts, khakis, plaid shirts, etc. Growing up, we bonded over many many shopping trips with mom. Back to school shopping, special event shopping, grocery shopping. We were all there, in it together, in good times and bad, in sickness and in health. So I think part of our plans for my vacation include doing a bit of outlet shopping. And I think I am going to have to put my Zimbabwe Challenge on hold for a few days. Just a few. Like, 3. I won't have a ton of money to spend, but there are a few basic pieces that I need to look for that would help further my wardrobe:
  • Black jeans. Nice black jeans. I might have to spend a bit of money here, but I want some super well fitting, bootcut black jeans that I can wear in place of my semi-frumpy black dress pants. In the past, I have tried to bargain shop for said jeans, and they just end up ill-fitting and faded.
  • Funky colored ankle boots. To spice up all my neutrals.


Here is a nice little photo of Brian and I from sometime last year.





And while I was parusing eBay, I stumbled upon this little number:


I don't know if it's the uber-natural looking whiskering, or the super classy dragon ass, but I think I need these jeans to live. Let's not forget that oh-so-flattering ultra low waist!


1 comment:

  1. Yes. I fear you might die without those pants. I really really do. I feel like they will make you a better person.

    ReplyDelete