Friday, April 16, 2010

Shoe challenge

As many know, I love a good fashion challenge. It gives me a valid excuse to peruse the Internet for hours, looking for the perfect whatever. This challenge happens to be ... shoes! My favorite!

This one has been especially difficult. Here is the low-down:

For my brother's rehearsal dinner in July, I plan to wear a bridesmaid dress from two summers ago. It's a gorgeous dress that fits me wonderfully.



The challenge is to punch this dress up with some color. Shoes and accessories are the key! I am searching for shoes first because I feel the kind of shoes I find will dictate what kind of accessories I need.

I would like to do a little something different, so I am thinking: pink. Not fuchsia and not ballet pink. More of a mauve or a coral. A few options I have found so far:


Nice and bright. Would be great for summer. Accent with a chunky gold necklace and bracelet. Or coral jewelry?

Too bland? It's hard to know until you see the pink in real life.


Too casual? Could definitely wear them again. Also, from eBay, so no returns.
I'd much rather have an open toe for summer. And this pink almost looks too bubblegum pink.


These could be perfect ... but again, they are an eBay find. What's that pin REALLY like? Hmm...


Or I could go in another direction entirely:






Decisions, decisions. What do you all think? Any good shoe resources that I need to know about? I need a funky, fun yet wedding-appropriate shoe that goes with that style of dress. And a reasonable price (like less than $70) since I am most likely wearing these one time only!

4 comments:

  1. i like the very first ones...that's my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shoes (: really nice collection!

    love, caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. janet and Jan D. really like the first ones too!!!!! and Janet likes the yellow one second!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you already found your shoes, but I wanted to let you know about a great cheap online shoe source. Check out gojane.com. They have a great shoes for really reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete