Friday, April 9, 2010

A bit of shame

I am a bit ashamed that I have not posted in over a month. I have come to recognize that the fashion blogs with the most readers, the ones that I most enjoy, are the ones that are consistent and frequent!

Now, I could ramble off a list of excuses as to why I have not blogged in so long (my bf and I are obsessed with The Wire, I have lots of freelance gigs lined up, I had a wicked bad sinus infection that still lingers...) but I will spare you. As a good friend of mine always says "we all have the same 24 hours in a day."

With that said...I do have a few new outfit photos to show you. But dammit, I left my camera at home. You'll have to wait until the next post! (And don't worry, we just finished season 1 of The Wire and season two has not yet come in the mail, so I'll have some more free time.)

Good news:
My Zimbabwe Challenge is over! It's been so long, I don't even remember what my Zimbabwe Challenge was. Therefore, I declare it over.

Ok, not really. My Zimbabwe Challenge was a way for me to save money to visit Zimbabwe...by not buying any new clothes, only thrifted clothes. And I could sell stuff and use the money for new stuff. Anyways, it's over and I did it! I have all the money for my trip, PLUS the small fortune I spent on vaccinations. But thank God, I won't be getting Yellow Fever, Hepatitis A, B, Typhoid or Malaria.

More on the Zimbabwe trip on a later day! It's in 5 weeks!!!

So how'd I do? Did I stick to my own rules? Well...mostly. I started way back in August. Then I took a trip to Tallahassee to visit my brother. And we went outlet shopping, so I had to break my own rules. Then after that, I think there might have been a handful of times when I broke the rules. I am definitely become a more picky shopper, however. And I have learned that much of the thrill of shopping, for me at least, is that instant gratification.

So I am gearing up to be a better blogger. And hopefully I will post those photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment