Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shopping ban? What's that?

Damn me and my extremely flighty willpower. I went shopping yesterday. At Ann Taylor Loft.

But they were having a sale! And, in my defense, I bought 3 things and none were more than $10. I spent $23 total.

But why, oh why, has my willpower abandoned me? I blame February.
February has many things wrong with it:

  • It's usually the coldest and cloudiest here in Arkansas.
  • Our one winter snow has usually come and gone by mid-Feb., as has Christmas and New Years, so we have nothing left to look forward to.
  • President's day is in February. Lots of my friends get that day off, but NOT ME.

Then again, February has lots of things RIGHT with it:

  • SALES!!!!!!!

Like the one at Ann Taylor Loft. The stuff I bought was on such clearance that the Web site has already taken off the photos of it. But let me just say, I bought an amazing dress for $4.98! Photos to come!



Then again, I have been a good girl. I sold some stuff on eBay. And with that money, bought Frontline for the dogs. AND THIS DRESS!

I used to be obsessed with dresses from the 60s when I was in High School. They abounded at my local Savers. Alas, that was many years ago and the stock of mod shift dresses has been severely thinned over the years. But here I am, back to my roots, buying this psychedelic print dress! I LOVE bright colors. I just have to watch that I don't end up looking like Bozo's (much hotter and funnier) sidekick.



No comments:

Post a Comment