Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dress and boots

Dresses and boots have been my uniform lately. Saturday night was no exception:



Dress: Target.com
Tights: TJ Maxx (notice the run in them, I sadly had to throw them away when I got home that night)
Denim Jacket: Gap from waaaay back.
White knee socks: Gap from 16 YEARS AGO. Hands down the oldest piece of new clothing I own.
Boots: Naturalizer
Necklace: cbt's closet on etsy
Black Tank (under dress): hand-me-down from Julie

I remember the strangest things, including the fact that I bought these knee socks at the Gap in 1994, the summer before I started 8th grade. I also bought a pair of chunky Maryjane shoes and a schoolgirl plaid skirt. Remember that look from '94? Why these socks have stuck around for so long, I do not know. Perhaps white knee socks are just that much of a staple?

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I also still own (and wear) a pair of Gap socks from 1994. Argyle. Almost all of my socks are at least 4 years old, I just don't like spending money on socks when they are rarely seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. knee socks are definitely a staple. Aren't you glad you held onto them?

    www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete