Thursday, January 7, 2010

Grumpy day bloggin'

Last night, the people of Arkansas were promised snow. And ice. And winter weather. I was hopeful to at LEAST have a delay for work this morning. The threat was so eminent that good ole Gov. Beebe has even declared a state of emergency in the state. (I know, you Yankees are laughing so hard right now. And rightfully so.) When I awoke, I peeked out my bedroom window and ... NOTHING. Not a flake in sight. The biggest disappointment of 2010. So far.


Needless to say that started out my day on a crappy note. So because of this, I actually had to get out of bed which for me is SO...HARD...MUST...SLEEP.


See, I am convinced that my body and its bio clock does its best and deepest sleeping between the hours of 5 and 9 a.m. No matter when I go to bed or how well I sleep, I have such a hard time getting up. Especially in the winter when the temperatures are below freezing and the sun has another half hour or so before it starts a-shining.


Are you seeing the domino effect here? No snow means I had to get out of bed, which I did too late, which means I threw on an unexciting outfit and minimal makeup and stomped off to work ... WITHOUT any lunch. Grrrr.


So lucky for me, my friend Ben was free for lunch and we went to Saigon and ate warm and savory pho. Now I feel a bit better. But tomorrow is Friday and perhaps I will be inspired to don a cute outfit and feel a bit better. Though the temperatures are supposed to be in the single digits, so I might just recycle these red cords and toasty sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment