Monday, November 23, 2009

Fluevog: Hit or miss

When some people go on vacation, they like to see the sights, or maybe friends or family. I like to shop. Nay, I LOVE to shop. Browsing through new and unusual stores in larger (and smaller)cities is such a treat for this Arkie, whose local shopping choices are limited to major chain retailers in the mall.

Last June I was in Chicago and was delighted to paruse the places up and down Milwaukee Ave. Among them was a John Fluevog store. I had been to one in NYC before and was blown away by the amazing shoes. If ever a shoe was a piece of art, it was at the Fluevog store.

Now, do I own a pair of Fluevogs? No, I am poor. But maybe, through the miracle of eBay, I could one day wear these colorful pieces of art on my very own feet.

Here are a few of the most recent styles which I feel are definitely worthy of embracing my feet:


I feel like the architectural details sometimes go to far with Fluevog. Take these for instance:
While I can appreciate the concept, the end result looks more like something from Tim Burton's costume closet. There are definitely people who could pull this off, but I feel my personal style is more streamlined than chunky. Or at least that's the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment