Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just teasing myself

I am proud to say, I am doing quite well on my Zimbabwe Challenge. The trip has been scheduled for the end of May, and so far I have over half my money saved up (thanks mostly to several freelance jobs!)

A tried and true Internet shopper, I get several e-mail alerts a day notifying me to sales and specials on various interweb stores. Nowadays I mostly delete those e-mails, as not to tempt myself, but today, I got one from Piperlime and foolishly opened it. What's this? 30% off? I clicked.


And look, just look, at these adorable shoes! God I love fringe. And teal.


It hurts me that I cannot buy these. But what makes me feel better, is at $239 ON SALE, I wouldn't have been able to buy them anyway. Now I shall just search for cheap imitations!

More: Oh shoes. How I love you. You never make me feel fat, or disproportionate. You are so pretty and I never have to get you dry cleaned.

In other news ...

Like mother like daughter. My mom loves to shop too. She recently cleaned out her closet and was generous enough to let me rifle through her unwanted duds and take whatever I thought might sell on eBay. I ended up with a huge stack of lovely Ralph Lauren, Talbots, Chicos and Liz Claiborne tops and pants to put up for auction. With this money, I shall ... well I'm not sure yet.

1 comment:

  1. what kind of freelance jobs? I am doing a study tour and have no job.. I need $$!!

    ReplyDelete