Friday, October 9, 2009

Nothing like plaid on a rainy fall day

On Tuesday I went to Savers again. It's less than a mile from my house, so I like to go often to get the freshest merch! This time, I got so lucky and had one of the best thrifting scores I have ever had. I found no less than FIVE vintage, homemade dresses, IN MY SIZE! I'm quite certain they all came from the same lot, and have decided that my old lady doppelganger must have died (R.I.P) and that her sweet old handmade dresses landed at that Savers just for me. Aw. I'll miss her, old lady doppelganger. But her dresses will live on, on me, for some time.



( I generally made stupid faces so I don't feel like such a tool when taking photos. Not sure if that's really working for me though.)

This is the first of the doppelganger dress lot. I added new buttons and made some minor repairs. Then when washed and ironed, she was all sparkling and ready to go! What do you think, does it need to be a tad shorter?

Vintage plaid frock: Savers
Tights (they are a herringbone pattern but the photo doesn't really indicate that): TJ Maxx
Boots: Estate sale
Bracelets: gifts from grandma and parents
Earrings: Icing
Belt: TJ Maxx

Most of the dresses required minor alterations. Some new buttons. Totally easy. And at $4 per dress, how could I lose?

Thanks to Jan for indulging my vanity and taking these photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment