Tuesday, May 18, 2010

And now for a change of pace.

I love reading your blogs. And even more, I love looking at your photos. But due to an inexplicable and hopefully temporary lapse in my self image, all the lovely blogs have made me feel less than par. Wait just a darn minute I said to myself upon this realization. How ironic, how completely opposite of the inspiration and warm fuzzy feelings that I was getting not so long ago.
I am going to chalk up my change in feelings up to a bit of stress in preparing from my trip to Zimbabwe. Oh and also to my hair, as I posted last time.

So, with that said, I am going to shift my focus for a bit. Or maybe forever. I want to mix in some more day-to-day, around the house "fashion" photos. As well as other things that I feel fall into the category of "Arkie Style." Art, nature, food, warthogs, junkyards ... you get the idea.

BINGO

My sweetie Judge, my roomie Spero and my friend Adam Faucett went to Bingo in Pine Bluff on Friday night.


We arrived as the sky was beginning to turn that ominous shade of gray. As you can see, the Bingo hall is a really nice place. We are clearly pumped to get a-playin!


Spero has DABBIN FEVER. So does Adam.


There are so many amazing things going on in this photo. On the top left, on the wall, you will notice a picture of two cartoon dancing horses. Perhaps a standard fixture at all Bingo halls?
Move to the right a bit and we see the Arkansas flag.
Then there is me, with that look of either concern or disbelief. Or maybe I am so concerned how how unbelievable something is.
Judge is just in amazement of that Frito Chili Pie. And let's be honest, nothing beats a Bingo hall Frito Chili Pie.


And here we are at the end of Bingo. None of us won any money, but we had a hell of a time dabbing out numbers for 3 hours straight.

Oh and have you ever wondered if it's possible to drink a white wine spritzer from a Thermos? Well, it is.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. i cannot imagine how brave that young man must be to eat a bingo hall frito chili pie. I might get the die-uh-ree-uh just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete